“As each has received a gift, employ it for one another as good stewards of God’s grace; whoever renders service as one who renders it by the strength which God supplies, in order that in everything God may be glorified”. 1 Peter 4
Since 1993, the First Lutheran Endowment Fund (“Fund”) has offered a way for you to make present and planned gifts that are then invested by the Fund’s Committee to earn income. The income is then granted to a general ministry area designated by the donor, or to a specific local or global ministry or service organization chosen by the Fund’s Committee. As of December 31, 2013, the current principal balance of the Fund was $526,667.02, which has allowed grants of more than $33,000 since 2010.
Gifts to the Fund have allowed grants to various organizations and ministries, including:
- Salvation Army
- Douglas County Food Shelf
- Operation Boot Strap
- Wings Family Services
- Youth Scholarship for FLC Youth Trip to New Orleans
- Douglas County Hospice
- Luthercrest Bible Camp
- West Central Dental Resources
- Love, Inc.
- and areas at FLC designated by the donors, like FLC’S Radio Fund, Building Fund, and Youth Fund, to name just a few.
Giving to the Endowment Fund is something that can be done at any time. Here are some ways people choose to give:
- Wills and Bequests
- Insurance and Annuities
- Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds
- Real or Personal Property
- Cash Donations. On your cash donation, you can either designate the donation generally to “Endowment Fund” and leave it up to the Fund’s Committee to determine how that donation’s investment income should be spent, or you can make a specific designation to a certain area of the church, by designating “Endowment Fund” followed by “Choir Fund”, “Building/Maintenance”, “Radio Fund”, “Seminary” or “Youth Fund”, for example.
If you are interested in applying for a grant from the Fund, please find the Fund’s Request Application Form.
Please contact the church office if you have questions about giving to the Fund. 320-762-2196